Statistics For Accidental Gun Deaths In 2021
- Each year, an average of 492 people die from accidental gunshot wounds.
- Since the beginning of 2022, there have been 21 shootings by children, which has resulted in 9 people dead and 13 injured.
- In 2021, at least 377 children unintentionally shot others. This resulted in 154 fatalities and 242 injuries in the United States.
- In 2021, 2,007 people in the United States died due to unintentional shootings–that’s over 4% of the 44,912 total gun-related deaths that year.
Can Proper Gun Safety Lower The Number Of Accidents?
Simple gun safety behaviors can help lower the number of accidents. If you own a gun, or someone in your family does, take the time to learn about gun safety measures to avoid a crime scene cleanup scenario.
Here are some tips:
- people should always keep guns in a locked safe when not in us
- gun owners should take an approved gun safety course
- guns should only be handled when necessary and with proper supervision
- when handling a gun, always point it in a safe direction
- gun owners should practice regularly at a shooting range
- gun owners should clean and properly maintain their firearms
Contact USA Bio Care For Blood Spill Cleanup Services
No one enjoys thinking about the possibility of an accidental shooting, but it’s crucial to stay prepared. If you or someone you know gets involved in a shooting, getting professional help for blood spill cleanup is vital. This ensures that the area is properly sanitized and that any dangerous biohazardous materials don’t threaten your health.
At USA Bio Care, blood spill cleanup and crime scene cleanup are our specialties. We understand the importance of a quick and thorough intervention, and we’re here to help you through this difficult time. Click on the link below to contact us.